Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 10:29 AM
Subject: [RE] Simulation results for multi-hop case with bursting/bunching

At the July meeting and also recent calls it was indicated that it would
be useful to simulate a multi-hop case for transport of time-sensitive traffic
streams over conventional Ethernet.  It was suggested to do a case with
conditions approaching "worst-case" (e.g., 7 hops and bursting/bunching at
each node).

I have uploaded a presentation (for the call this Wed (8/24)) with multi-hop
results.  I could not do absolute worst-case because I wanted to keep the size
of the simulation and the run-time manageable.  The simulation case
has 4 hops, with 3 contending time-sensitive streams at each switch.

The presentation is available at:

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Geoff
Geoffrey M. Garner
Samsung (Consultant)