Re: September 3 - Teleconference details

On 9/3/14, 9:15 AM, "Antonio de la Oliva" <aoliva@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Personally I think changing the MAC address during a session will
>probably require the re-association of the terminal and
>reconfiguration of all QoE and other services the terminals has
>activated. I think it will also have some impact in other standards
>relying on distribution of keys to authenticate the user such as IEEE
>802.11r.
>
>We need to clarify what are the scenarios where the MAC address need
>to change during an association to an AP,
Yes - this is harder.  Per association is ‘low hanging fruit’ for privacy
enhancement.
Changing during an association clearly would require changes in both AP
and STA behavior and the need for a 802 specification.

>the scenarios where the MAC
>of the AP may change and the scenarios where the MAC of the terminal
>changes while moving to an AP of the same network.
Yes, multiple APs (ESS) needs to be a use case.

>Each of the
>scenarios will have different implications most probably.
>
>I also think that for the end user this will mean a short
>disconnection but if its IP address does not change (this might not be
>true in case SLAAC or DHCP with assigned IPs is used), everything will
>continue working automagically.
IP address continuity should be a requirement …

>My two cents
Cheap price for a good set of scenarios …

Paul