Re: [STDS-802-Privacy] One method used for setting MAC at boot on Fedora

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the link.

I personally think that it is better to use the ip (from the iproute2
toolset) to change the MAC addresses. In my (limited) experience, it
tends to work now on more platforms than ifconfig (which, from what I
understood, became deprecated on Linux since kernels 2.2).

If anybody is interested I can provide a "macchanger.sh" adapted command
that uses ip.

Carlos

P.S.: Sorry if you already discusses this. I've just recently joined
this ML.