[STDS-802-Privacy] MAC collision probabilities.

Hi all,

I personally have a hard time trying to estimate how likely there is
to be collisions if multiple stations choose their MAC addresses at
random. My intuition tells me that 32bits is a *huge* space
(4.3billion) and ~5000 addresses, chosen at random should basically
never collide... but my intuition is wrong.

Dan wrote some code to calculate the probability of a collision in C.
I wanted an excuse to experiment with App Engine, so I converted it to
a small web app and stuck it here:
http://mac-collision-probability.appspot.com/

Hope it's useful,

idea in the first place.