Re: [STDS-802-Privacy] Privacy of mobile traffic

Dear all,

I've been lurking on the list for some months.

I would like to ask, with respect to decisions by Data Protection
Authorities in the Netherlands and Sweden in 2015 about tracking of
mobile phones through free public wifis (in malls and municipality
public areas), which would be the best way to solve this through
standardisation.

For me, it appears that the technical infrastructure is built in such a
way that geolocation tracking is the obvious way to start exploring
financiation models for these free public wifis. Would there be an
intuitive way to build the infrastructure in such a way that this is not
the obvious technical capacity which springs to mind when investigating
how to provide such networks?

The reason I'm asking is that I am, together with a friend, exploring
various ways of influencing the radio standardisation policies of the
European Commission. My interest is policy-oriented rather than
research-oriented.

best regards,

--
Amelia Andersdotter
Ordförande, Dataskydd.net

"Rätten till privatliv är rätten att själva kunna överblicka vilka vi är och hur vi blir sådana."