From: owner-stds-board-comm@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-board-comm@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Mary
Lynne Nielsen
Sent: Monday, April 12, 1999 2:07 PM
To: Standards-staff@majordomo.ieee.org; stds-board-comm@ieee.org;
sa-bog@ieee.org
Subject: IEEE Standards Companion

I know that all of you are familiar with the IEEE Standards
Companion. That document was created in 1995 and,
while still valuable, it's time to update it, and I'd like your
help.

If anyone has any comments on any part of the Companion,
please share them with me. You can mark up a hard
copy and get that to me. You can download the pdf or
the html, mark that up, and send it to me. You can send
me an email with general comments or impressions.

Let me know what you think is wrong, or out of date,
or missing. I do know that the entire document needs
to be revised in light of the Standards Association, but
what else needs to be adjusted? Your assistance here
would be greatly appreciated.

The Companion is a vital document--many volunteers
have commented on how much it's helped them through
the process. But it's only useful if it's current, so I would
appreciate any contributions to this effort.

Please return your thoughts to me by 15 May. Thank you!

ml
Mary Lynne Nielsen
IEEE Standards Activities--IEEE: Networking the World
m.nielsen@ieee.org
+1-732-562-3827 (phone); +1-732-562-1571 (fax)
IEEE Standards web site: http://standards.ieee.org/