RE: voting membership rules

Tony's interpretation is correct in my opinion.

Taken together, the statements "Membership starts at the 3rd plenary
attended..." and "[one interim may be substituted for a plenary...]" should
be taken to mean that the membership starts at the start of the plenary
meeting following the achievement of attendence at two-out-of-four,
providing you show up.

For the starting of membership at the third meeting, I require only that a
person physically shows up and signs the attendance book once; it would be
absurd if "attendance" in this context meant 75% of sessions as it generally
does, since then voting membership would be gained at a point where 75% of
the week's sessions had been attended.  If a person attends some of the
sessions in his qualifying meeting, but enough to qualify as having
"attended" the meeting, he can vote as a member during the meeting and then
immediately lose his membership at the end, through not attending
2-out-of-4.

Best regards,
	-- John
--
John Messenger (John.Messenger@madge.com)
Development Manager, Madge.connect, York UK