RE: Letter to IEEE 802 SEC

Colleagues,

I agree with Pat, the letter has misinterpreted the SA rules and
procedures.  Liaison letters aren't the same as standards.  I don't agree
with the request the letter from HomeRF that 802 issue another leetter
rebutting our original position not in favor of the WBFH NPRM.

We should issue a letter to the FCC indicating the 802.11 and 802.15
committee's concern with the proposed rules changes for reasons along the
lines articulated by Roger Marks--and we should make it clear it comes from
a subcommittee within 802.11, 802's wireless LAN working group.  It also
would be a good idea to at least mention what rationale for the minority
position within 802.11 is.  The objective here is to fairly represent both
points of view developed within 802.

--Paul