RE: Redirection of IPF dollars

Howard,  I would suggest that we really need to consider a 3rd option, namely :

*	In order to comply with our own rules which mandate that meeting fees collected at plenary sessions be used exclusively to defray the costs associated with putting on the meeting, IEEE802 resolves to stop contributions to support the ISO secretariat and use the savings to not only prevent the otherwise necessary further increase in the meeting fees, but instead reduce the meeting fees (~$50).

I would like to see us take a poll of ALL of our WG attendees that indicates whether we should:

a).  Continue with our current level of contributions to support the ISO secretariat.

b)  Give the same amount to the IEEE-SA instead to promote the idea of making P802 standards freely available electronically.

c)  Retain the money to prevent future increase in plenary meeting fees and reduce the fees instead (~$50).

We should collect the information during the Nov. WG meetings for review and action by the SEC on Thursday evening.

I believe we need to hear the sentiments of all of our attendees before we take any unilateral action.

Thanx,  Buzz
Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM