Re: WPAN/ Re: Extension of Letter Ballot 1Close Date

David,

answers inline.

Tom

David Cypher wrote:

> Does anyone know the impact of the announcement
> yesterday of a new version B of the Bluetooth
> specification to the letter ballot process that
> we are in for version A of the Bluetooth specification?

I have the FrameMaker version of the new release, but have not had time to go
through it yet.  I am told that the update deals primarily with editorial
cleanup with some application of the errata that has been published in the web.
I will produce a "diff" of the documents when I get back to the office next
week.

> Was the letter ballot extension made to allow IEEE
> to review version B?

No, but since it will eventually be incorporated into the Draft, reviewing it is
a good idea.  HOWEVER, please return comments on the content of D0.6 ONLY.  That
is the only document we can consider without a vote of the membership of 802.15.

> Will version B now be one of the comments on the IEEE
> letter ballot (i.e. make all changes as per version B)?

 A comment applied to D0.6 such as "Need to replace clauses 6, 7, and the GAP
annex with updated material from V1.0b" seems very reasonable.  :-)

If you wish to comment on the material in V1.0b, please do so in a seperate
file.  We will figure out what to do with it at the next meeting.

--
Tom Siep
Wireless Communications Business Unit

--------