RE: The Gibit

Colleagues,

I agree with Roger that we shall use those terms. Else the IEEE editor or
the SCC 10 will do for you.

	There is one minor issue with your first paragraph, Roger. You wrote
"..1 Kbit is really 1024 bits. ", but you meant "  1 Kibit is really 1024
bits."

IEEE 802.11 used a symbol in its first standard that was 1024 times the unit
symbol. Because IEC was not yet ready at that time we had to make a new
symbol.

Vic