Re: +++Ballot on 802.15 Press Release at IEEE-SA

I approve this press release in prinicpal, BUT I would like it to have more
of a "802.15 has selected the Bluetooth specification" tone than "802.15 is
derived from Bluetooth"--a minor point, but important.

--Paul Nikolich

At 07:12 PM 2/13/00 -0600, Jim Carlo wrote:
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>SEC OFFICIAL EMAIL BALLOT     802.0/13Feb2000
>
>Issue Date:   13Feb2000        Closing Date: 16Feb2000
>Moved By:     Bob Heile
>Seconded By:  Jim Carlo
>
>Move: Authorize (In Principal after more edits) Press Release at IEEEE-SA on
>IEEE 802.15
>
>I have attached below a draft press release that Karen McCabe is originating
>from the IEEE based on the projects in IEEE 802.15. While strictly speaking,
>this press release is somewhat independent of the IEEE802 SEC (we did not
>originate it), I have discussed with Karen that as IEEE 802 sponsor I would
>like to approve any press releases that deal in a major way with one of our
>Working Groups.
>
>Please avoid the temptation to word-engineer this Press Release, as it will
>possibly be altered again by the IEEE (which is why I am asking for approval
>in principal). There has been considerable discussions between 802.11 and
>802.15 already on the wording of this press release.
>
>Note that voting members of SEC are:
>
>Howard Frazier -
>Bob Grow -
>Paul Nikolich -
>Buzz Rigsbee -
>Bill Lidinsky -
>Geoff Thompson -
>Bob Love -
>Chip Benson -
>Vic Hayes -
>Robert Russell -
>Bob Heile -
>Roger Marks -
>Jim Carlo - Chair
>
>Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
>TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
>Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
>Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\My
Documents\Documents\Email_temp_storage\Draft-News-Release-Feb00-r1.doc"