FrameMaker training in July

There has been positive response here. In particular see Howard's note
below. I believe you have also met with Roger Marks at his interim. We might
hold the training in a small room set up classroom style , so editors could
bring their pc's to the training and upload some information and templates
that the IEEE wants people to use. My guess right now is we schedule this
from 6:30 - 9:00pm on Tuesday, 11July, but this not be in the big tutorial
room but rather in a room with about 25 people, so there would be better
interactions with the editors. Anone serious in being an editor should bring
FrameMaker to the meeting on their machine (I assume this is possible).

Comments? I need a volunteer to own this training from the SEC and
coordinate a little with editors in the Working Groups (not much work
needed).

++++++++++++++++++++++++
From Howard Frazier:

I don't think that you can give a useful tutorial on
framemaker in an hour and a half.

However, it might be possible to use a three hour session
to explain the editorial process, including a brief
overview of framemaker.

We did this in the past, and it was helpful.
Since we have a bunch of new editors coming on board
for 802.3ae and 802.3af, as well as in other dots,
it might be worthwhile to hold such a session.

Howard

Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee