RE: Use of IEEE802ALL

Jim,
Au contraire, mon frere !!!   No one is put on 802ALL automatically !!!
People subscribe themselves in response to our invitation in the cover
letter of the Meeting Announcement package which states the following:

Note:  We no longer provide mailed meeting announcements.  Meeting information will continue to be available on the IEEE 802 web site at: http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/ .  Please check it for possible late updates.  We also have an email exploder for keeping folks posted on late breaking plenary meeting information (e.g. overflow hotel arrangement, hotel goofs or confusions, pre-registration reminders, etc.).  To get on this list and stay informed, send email to:  majordomo@majordomo.ieee.org  with no subject and with the following 2 lines appearing first in the body of the message:
subscribe  stds-802-all
end

That's the only way people get on our 802ALL list and I think the announcement
of the availability of the plenary WG summaries is exactly the type of information
that subscribers would want to receive.  We could even add that to the list of
examples of messages, if you are seriously worried about offending someone.
A brief note with an URL is hardly an annoyance now a days.   :-)

Thanx,  Buzz
Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM