RE: E-Mail Registration Process

Geoff,  We already provide that function in the meeting info under
email pre-registration.  Anyone can copy and paste the ASCII plain
text into an email message and then fill it in.  Unfortunately almost
everyone does it a slightly different way so the results are very
inconsistent, especially when you factor in the email Line-Wrapping
factors and the additional variable quoting mechanisms.

I think Roger and Howard are correct that a web-based form which
formats & sends a "standard' email message which can be auto-
imported to a database is a far superior solution.  If we also had
some data format checking capability as well we'd be really OK.

But since the hardest part is running and receipting the credit card
transactions (and dealing with the ones that fail), we're still way
ahead if we can get a professionally hosted e-commerce site to
collect, verify and deposit all our registration transactions.

Importing the resultant  data from them is trivial by comparison.

Thanx,  Buzz
Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM