RE: Invitation to Co-Sign Letter to IEEE Election Candidatesregarding ISTO

Jim's message raises an interesting issue: how would 802 go about
getting an item onto the agenda of the IEEE-SA Standards Board?

I have heard that a motion related to ISTO was entered at the
Standards Board meeting but was not voted upon. If 802 wanted a
motion entered and voted upon, what would we do to ensure that result?

What about a motion asking the Computer Society Standards Activity
Board (SAB) to make a motion? Do they have any status at the
Standards Board, or the the Board just a bunch of individuals?

Even if the SAB has no status, I suspect that their members may
support us if we suggested a specific motion.

Roger

P.S. I support Bob Love's suggestion.