IEEE SEC Recording Secretary

Thank you for your inputs on Recording Secretary. After discussions with a
number of you, Bob O'Hara has emerged as the leading candidate, I have
talked to Bob, and he has accepted the position if affirmed by the SEC. Bob
and Howard will work together at the March meeting to ensure a smooth
transition. Per operating rules, I will ask for your affirmation of Bob
O'Hara at the March SEC and this will become effective at the end of the
March SEC meeting.

For information, some of Bob's background with 802 is detailed below.

Bob began working in 802.11 in 1992.  Shortly after becoming a voting
member, he volunteered to be the technical editor of the standard.  Bob is
the technical editor of both the original 1997 standard and the revision
published in 1999.  When the 1997 version of the 802.11 standard required
revisions to clarify a number of interpretation requests, Bob chaired the
task group that performed that work.  Somewhere along the way, Vic
discovered that Bob knew a bit about parliamentary procedure and appointed
him as a working group parliamentarian.  Currently, Bob is task group chair
for 802.11d, extending the standard to meet worldwide regulatory
requirements.

Bob O'Hara
Informed Technology, Inc.
1750 Nantucket Circle, Suite 138