Re: +++ IEEE 802 BALLOT: Approve $4K Funding for FCC to attend IEEE 802 meeting

I do not approve this motion.

The reason is that I am concerned that if we fund travel expenses for the
FCC, then other regulatory bodies will justifiably expect us to fund their
travel expenses.  This kind of funding is outside our charter.

Now on the other hand, I agree that it will be beneficial for our wireless
groups to be actively engaged with the FCC and other regulatory bodies.  Is
there any other way to encourage them to join our meetings without us
having to fund their travel expenses.  Alternatively, if the wireless
groups collectively approve funding regulatory body representatives travel
expenses, perhaps the wireless groups can set up a fund seperate from the
802 treasury exclusively for this purpose (I'd like to get Bob Grow's input
on the viability of this suggestion.)

--Paul Nikolich