Re: [802SEC] FW: Request of Stds Bd members to Evaluate PatentLetter of Assurance Template

Replies sent only to originator.  Use "reply all" to reply to the list

Here are some comments from Cisco's patent attorney.

>I like it, esp the *. Some comments:
>--In the *, say 'denying or terminating a license based on'
>--The last part seems circular: If the premise is:
>  The Patent Holder owns or controls granted patent(s) and/or pending
>  applications that it believes would be infringed ,
>  then how can they say no to 3(a)??

>  But I do like the idea of identifying the patents if they want license.

Cisco would sign a letter similar to what was distributed
(with the sorts of changes shown above). I do not know if
other companies will be as open to it, I encourage all SEC members
to bounce it off their attorneys sooner rather than later.

mike