Re: [802SEC] Interest in moving the July Friday SEC meeting start to 1pm from 4pm?

It seems to me that three months is more than enough time for people to plan
there travel schedules, and even, how to take advantage of additional
meeting time.  There is no hard rule about ad-hoc groups meeting to address
issues that there is never enough time to address during the meeting.

In addition, it seems to me that the chair has the right to rule on things
procedural.  This includes the right to set the agenda 90 days ahead of a
meeting to let WG members know that there will be a Friday closing plenary,
rather than Thursday afternoon.  I see no reason to hamstring the Exec by
not letting them make good decisions to increase the productive time
available to us at their SEC meeting.  I heartily endorse the action taken,
and am delighted that 802.17 has chosen to use that additional time to their
benefit.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@ieee.org          Fax: 208 978-1187