[802SEC] WARNING: Amex Credit Cards are NOT Working on Web Registration Yet !!!

Our Web Registration Pilot Program Has a Problem !!!  All AMEX cards are being rejected (including mine).  This is due to an improper coding of the Amex Merchant account at our credit card processor.  They have promised that this should be fixed in 24 to 48 hours.

Transactions for VISA, M/C, and Discover cards seem to work fine.  If you must use an AMEX card for your registration, we suggest you try again on Friday.  We will post another message when this problem has been proven to be resolved.

We do recognize that the generic "Transaction Declined" message is confusing because it indicates several possibilities, which may or may not apply.  Please be assured that our system does not attempt to verify addresses or ZIP codes with the ones which the credit card company has on file.  That is NOT the reason your transaction was declined.

Some Additional User Tips:

*	International Phone Numbers:  the VeriSign field checker does not allow a "+" (i.e. Plus Sign) in front of the Country Code, even though it IS the most common convention.  They are apparently working on a fix for this, but suggest that in the meantime that you may use a "-" (i.e. a Minus Sign/Hyphen) instead.

*	The "State" field has now been made optional to alleviate difficulties for some of our International attendees whose countries don't have states.  If we restore the mandatory requirement in the future, we will include the instruction to enter "NA" if the field is "not applicable for your country".

*	There is no provision for a "Credit Card On-File" any more.  Keeping credit card info on file is too much of a potential liability.  We only resorted to that option because we did not have a secure method for processing payments.  Now that we have a secure (encrypted) payment mechanism we will no longer store credit card information.

*	The processing for your charge is now immediate (within 24 hours) of approval.

We're very sorry about the start-up problems but we hope to continue improving as we gain more experience.  Please bear with us, and if you experience or spot a problem, please let us know ASAP.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM