stds-802-16: Published: articles covering IEEE-SA, IEEE 802, and IEEE 802.16

In the past couple of months, I've written articles about the
IEEE-SA, IEEE 802, and IEEE 802.16. Since these might be useful to
you, I've submitted them as contributed documents.

I co-authored the middle one with Bob O'Hara of 802.11 and Ian
Gifford of 802.15.

The first two are reprinted, with permission, from _IEEE Microwave
Magazine_. The last was submitted to _EE Times_, which published a
modified version; it is not subject to copyright.

It's unfortunate that the last two articles are already out of date.
That's the price we pay for rapid progress!

Roger

Title:      Article: IEEE Standardization for the Wireless Engineer
Doc Number: IEEE 802.16c-01/09
Source:     Roger B. Marks
Abstract:   This article explains the process of standardization in
the IEEE Standards Association. It emphasizes topics relevant to the
wireless engineer,particularly the IEEE 802 LAN MAN Standards
Committee and its three projects defining a Wireless Internet
infrastructure.

Title:      Article: Standards from IEEE 802 Unleash the Wireless Internet
Doc Number: IEEE 802.16c-01/10
Source:     Roger B. Marks, Ian C. Gifford, Bob O'Hara
Abstract:   Within the IEEE,the IEEE 802 LAN MAN Standards Committee
is developing air interface standards for wireless local area network
(LAN), wireless metropolitan area network (MAN), and wireless
personal area network (PAN) technology. These standards are enabling
the development of an infrastructure for the Wireless Internet.

Title:      Article: IEEE 802.16 Standards Crystallize the Fixed Broadband
                       Wireless Access Industry
Doc Number: IEEE 802.16c-01/11
Source:     Roger B. Marks
Abstract:   The IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless
Access is developing the IEEE 802.16 WirelessMAN standards for
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks. These standards,covering
licensed and license-exempt bands from 2-66 GHz worldwide, are
creating a firm foundation for the development of the industry.