RE: [802SEC] Standards CD-ROM

Pat,  Our attendees are paying $75 per plenary for Get802 !!!  It's way
inappropriate
to tell them that Get802 is their thank you for their hard work.  The 802
CD-ROM is
something special that's just for our members and has the latest stuff that
Get802
does not.  It is significant and is greatly appreciated by those who
qualify.

By the way, it's not Howard's job anymore, it's Bob O'Hara's, and he said
he'd be
willing to do it if we see a good reason to continue the program.  I'm also
concerned
that IEEE may suddenly decide that Get802 is a loss-leader and pull the plug
in the
future leaving us with nothing.  I say, let's hang on to the few benefits
that we do have
until we at least have some hard evidence that they are no longer
needed/appreciated.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG