Re: [802SEC] +++Motion: CD-ROM for 2002

I vote Disapprove.

I don't think we need this. The six-month delay in the GetIEEE
program is not enough to justify the CD. By the time we come out with
a CD in November, everything approved at the previous December and
February Standards Board meetings will already be six months old and
therefore already on the web. The stuff approved in June will
probably be on the web soon. And the stuff approved in September will
probably be too new to get on the CD anyway.

Also, the absence of a 2002 CD doesn't mean that people will need to
do a massive download. After all, they already have a 2001 CD (and,
last I checked, we still had a supply of extras). So, if people have
to download the few additional files they need, they won't suffer too
badly. We could even put them on the network server that we have
decided to support at the November meeting. This would be simple, and
it would avoid the first-mile access bottleneck that will exist until
802.16 MANs are widely available.

So, while I think it's fine to update the CD occasionally, I don't
think we need to do it annually.

Conversely, the cost is too high in terms of:

*production dollars
*volunteer production labor
*distribution labor cost and associated Wednesday turmoil
*getting bugged to submit a voter list

Roger