FW: [802SEC] Standards Staff Discussions

Jim,  I'd like to 2nd Roger's point on this.  One of the prime advantages of
the
CD-ROM is that it has all "the latest stuff" and it always has in the past.
devalue the program to make it no better than "Get802" is a slap in the face
all our members, who work so hard to produce these standards.  We went to
this program to save the IEEE money on producing the books to hand out, and
sold it based on the convenience and currency of the CD-ROM.  To undercut
that agreement at this point is unconscionable.  We need to loudly protest
this move and stick up for our members rights to some token which
acknowledges
their significant contributions.  It's all we really get, and once it's gone
we'll
never see it again.  The way I read the vote was that it showed strong
support
for the continuation of program just as before.  To change the rules after
the fact
is to invalidate that vote and require a whole new round of discussions and
some new choices for voting.
Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG