[802SEC] Balloting Issues! IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Jim:

As I mentioned on my previous E-mail, we at the IEEE Standards Department,
are committed to enhance the environment for developing standards,  With
that in mind, we would like to give the 802 participation (voice) regarding
balloting services' issues.  Therefore, we would like to ask you in your
capacity of working group chair, if you were to change the system at the
balloting center, what would do?. What things do you think can be done
differently.

We would appreciate your comments and especially , being as specific and
objective as possible.

Please bear in mind that your comments (802 group) may be an important tool
to help us improve our services.

Regards,

Angela O.

:- > :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :->
Angela Ortiz
Program Manager - Technical Program Development
IEEE Standards, 445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331  USA

FOSTERING TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION

Telephone:  +1 732 562-3809
Fax:              +1 732 562-1571
E-m: a.ortiz@ieee.org  ><  www.standards.ieee.org

----- Forwarded by Angela Ortiz/STDS/STAFF/US/IEEE on 10/08/01 12:08 PM
-----

                    Angela Ortiz
                                         To:     "Jim Carlo" <j.carlo@ieee.org>
                    09/27/01 09:51       cc:     Sue Vogel/STDS/STAFF/US/IEEE@IEEE, Mary Lynne
                    AM                   Nielsen/STDS/STAFF/US/IEEE@IEEE, Susan
                                         Tatiner/STDS/STAFF/US/IEEE@IEEE
                                         Subject:     +++Hello Jim+++(Document link: Angela Ortiz)

Dear Jim:

It was very interesting talking with you regarding the expectations the 802
group has for me as the new staff liaison.  I was hired with the vision of
meeting important challenges and one of them, is to work closely with
volunteers, staff members, and the different societies, to improve the
process of developing standards.

Thank you for expressing your concerns about the services that should be
improved in the standards developing process.  As a matter of fact, we are
working on a special project to make more efficient and effective the
services of the balloting center and we will announce the project upon its
completion.

Also, as per my previous request, I will like to ask you to please explain
to me on a  3 to 5 words phrase, each of the 802 (dots) standards.  For
instance, now I know that the 802.11b is a technology to connect to
Internet and E-mail, wirelessly.  That will give me a better insight of the
technologies that I am contributing to standardize.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

One million thanks,

Angela O.