[802SEC] rules change ballot response

Vic,

I vote disapprove on this rules change.

We do not need to create standing committees.  We have a mechanism within
our existing rules, Technical Advisory Groups, which provide for addressing
cross working group issues. TAGs are chartered to develop recommended
practices, guidelines and reports.  The TAG scope is sufficient to cover
802's near term coexistance (develop a recommended pratice) and regulatory
(issue reports) needs.   I agree the TAG rules do need to be modified to
allow TAG participants to get WG attendance credit and ensure fair
representation across the WGs that are interested and affected by that
particular TAGs output, but these modifications would be relatively
lightweight as compared to the proposed Standing Committee rules change.

For example, I recommend modifying 5.2 as follows, changes in <<<..>>>:

[1st para] The function of a Technical Advisory Group is to provide
assistance to Working Groups <<<or the SEC>>>.

e) Any report generated by at TAG that is forwarded to any Working Group
<<<or the SEC>>> in the name of the TAG, needs to get 75% approval vote of
the TAG members present who vote "approve" and "do not approve".  <<<A
record of the dissenting votes and comments shall be included in the
report.>>>

<<<f) In order to be a member of a TAG, a participant shall be a member of a
WG.  Attendance at a TAG meeting counts toward a participant's WG
attendance.>>>

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich