Re: [802SEC] +++SEC Ballot: Rules change for SEC SC+++

Vic -

I'm going to vote Disapprove on this too.  It is not at all clear to me
that there is a need to create a formal structure to do this kind of thing.
In the past, cross-WG issues have been dealt with by mechanisms like the
Technical Plenary and TAGs - if you need additional mechanisms to meet
unusual/urgent circumstances (for example, the kind of external
communication that you cite), there seems to be no particularly good reason
why the WGs concerned shouldn't agree amongst themselves to hand off the
final decision to a small group of people assigned to do *that task* (as
opposed to a standing committee thet might/might not embody the right
expertise for that particular job). We have quite enough bureaucracy in 802
already without inventing more.

I would support Paul's suggestion that participants in TAGs should gain
credit towards voting rights (in the WG that sent them to the TAG) for
attending TAG meetings.

Regards,
Tony