[802SEC] Update: Overflow rooms are now available nearby at Great Rates !!!

IEEE 802:	Meeting Information Update Memo  -  2nd Announcement

DATE: 	Friday, February 22, 2002

ATTN: 	All  IEEE 802  Attendees

SUBJ:  	The Hyatt Regency St. Louis is now Sold-Out !!!

		Overflow rooms are now available nearby at Great Rates !!!

Important information for all potential 802 attendees:

a) The Hyatt Regency Union Station in St. Louis, Missouri is the primary
site for the March 2002 IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting (except the 802.17 RPR WG
will be meeting all week at the Sheraton City Center - 4 blocks away).  The
Hyatt has been SOLD-OUT but many of the 802.17 attendees will be switching
over to the Sheraton, so we expect several openings at the Hyatt shortly.
If you don't have your room reservation confirmed yet, please contact the
Hyatt directly at  (314) 231-1234  and request to be put on the IEEE 802
Wait-List.  This group typically has many late cancellations, and the hotel
will contact you as soon as a room becomes available.  You may also wish to
call the hotel during the week prior to the start of the Plenary Meeting to
check the status of your reservation request.  The IEEE 802 group rate at
the Hyatt is $139/night for single/double/twin occupancy plus taxes.  Hyatt
room reservations may be canceled without penalty up until 6pm of your
arrival date.

b) Due to the Hyatt being sold-out, we have blocked some additional guest
rooms at the Drury Inn and the Hampton Inn nearby.  They are located within
1-2 blocks of the Hyatt.  We have arranged the following discounted IEEE 802
group room rates:  Drury Inn - $114.00 single/double occupancy plus tax;
Hampton Inn - $110.00 single/double occupancy plus tax.  You must guarantee
your reservation with a credit card or a deposit.  You may cancel without
penalty up until 6pm of arrival date.  Check-in time is 3pm, check-out is 12
noon and both provide free parking for hotel guests.  Rooms at both
properties are limited, so make your reservations ASAP !!!

Drury Inn St. Louis Union Station
201 South 20th Street,  St. Louis, MO  63103
Reservation Phone:  (800) 378-7946  or  (314) 231-3900
Reference:  IEEE 802

Hampton Inn Union Station
2211 Market Street #1,  St. Louis, MO  63103
Reservations Phone:  (800) 426-7866  or  (314) 241-3200
Reference:  IEEE 802

c) The Hyatt, Drury & Hampton are all located 20 minutes from Lambert St.
Louis International Airport (STL).  Taxi ride one-way is approximately $30.
See the current meeting info package at http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/ for
more info and detail on transportation options.  Hyatt self-parking for
in-house guests or other visitors is currently $9. per night or $2. for the
first half hour and $1. each additional half hour (max. $9.).  Valet parking
is also offered for $6. for up to 6 hours and $15. for between 6 and 24
hours.

d) The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary begins Monday, March 11th at 11:00am and the
802 Working Group Meetings will begin at 1:00pm.  Please note:  Some of the
802 Working Groups have scheduled meetings for Friday morning, March 15th.
Please visit the home web site for your Working Group for the detailed
agenda.  The closing Executive Committee meeting is currently scheduled to
be held from 1pm to 6pm on Friday, March 15th.

e) Please note that our secure web Pre-Registration Form is now available
at:
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/Pregform.html     so please register NOW !!!

Please contact us at  802info@ieee.org  or  (408) 241-8906  if you require
further information and/or assistance.  We look forward to seeing you in St.
Louis.

Thank you,
Dawn C. Slykhouse, IEEE 802 Conference Organizer
c/o Face To Face Events, Inc.

802-302-mtginfomemo-08.doc