Re: [802SEC] Notes from Wed Mar 20 meeting with SA staff and BoG

I agree that it is good to have the situation restored - i.e., for the BoG
to honour their agreement with us, but I wouldn't consider that in itself
to be great progress.  Great progress would be for them to agree to
continue the program on the current (or preferably, a better) basis for
another 2 years.

Under item 2), I hope our negotiators don't lose sight of the fact that
last year's *actual* revenue shortfall was significantly smaller than 802'1
contribution, and that at present, we are only talking about *projected*
numbers for 2002 (802's contribution exceeded the loss of sales for books &
PDF by 80% if I recall correctly).  The actual numbers for this year may
well be beneficially affected by future events - such as the number of
people that will choose to update their copy of the 802.3 doorstop (or
should it be doorstops, plural, now?) in the coming months.

Regards,
Tony