From: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Stevenson,
Carl R (Carl)
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 10:43 AM
To: IEEE 802 SEC reflector (E-mail)
Subject: [802SEC] FW: <802.11Technical> JEDEC aims to define wireless
LAN chip standards ( corrected 6: 5 0 p.m. ET, 3/27/02)

Paul and other SEC members,

I still find the article below (as "corrected") to be
inaccuarate and offensive in several respects.

Does anyone know why this Mark LaPedus seems to
"have an axe to grind" with the IEEE standards
process (his "deck-stacking" comments) and IEEE
802.11 in particular (the last 4 paragraphs below)?

Is he just a sensationalist who doesn't give a damn
about the accuracy, or effects, of his articles, or
what?

Regards,
Carl