RE: [802SEC] +++ SEC EMAIL BALLOT +++ Get IEEE 802(tm) program re commendation

What I am more than a little concerned about here is, as always, a lack of
information - in this case, regarding what it actually costs the IEEE to
support & publish our (i.e., just 802's) standards activity. The
information I have seen so far (and that has been pretty sparse - just the
spreadsheet that was presented to the Tuesday meeting in March) was all
focused on revenue levels & how to maintain them, rather than on the cost
of our program to the IEEE and how to meet it.  In other words, I have yet
to hear a straight answer to the question of whether, with the $75/head
tax, the GET 802 programme would cover its costs.

To put it another way, to exactly what extent (in $$) is the revenue from
802 standards (and related revenue, such as the not inconsiderable income
from registration of OUIs) being regarded as a means of supporting other,
less profitable, IEEE activities? If this is really what is going on, then
maybe these other activities should be re-structured to bear their own
costs, rather than us having to find creative ways of continuing to support
them.

Regards,
Tony

Regards,