Re: [802SEC] [TIME-SENSITIVE MOTION] to APPROVE FCC FILINGS

Carl,

I very much appreciate your response.

My purpose in requesting this information was not to nitpick whether a
quorum was present, but get a better understanding of the breadth of
support for the position statements (guidance, if you will).

I understand that these positions are important to the wireless working
groups and that they must be filed in a timely manner.

Unfortunately in this day of ever present spinmeisters, I have a knee
jerk reaction to anyone telling me how I should view something without
providing me the supporting data.  In this case, phrases like "the fact
that the documents were so overwhelmingly approved by the 3 wireless
WGs" generate such a reaction when not accompanied with the actual votes.

While as I understand the IEEE, IEEE-SA and 802 rules, the 802 SEC can
issue such a position statement as an 802 position without approval of
the working group(s), I disagree that the WG votes are irrelevant.  The
SEC is being asked to take this position at the request of the wireless
WGs and it is relevant for the SEC to understand the breadth of wireless
WG support.

For instance, the 13/3/13 vote of 802.15 on 18-02-005 (Comments on NPRM)
while clearly approving the position by greater than 75% of those voting
approve or disapprove, is not in my opinion "overwhelming approval".
The fact that I disagree with the "overwhelming approval"
characterization does not mean that I will vote disapprove.  I simply
want the actual vote data so that I can make the judgment for myself.

I will note that you appear to have misunderstood what I was seeking in
my second question.  I was asking for the number of individuals in each
of the WG who have voting rights in that WG, not the number of members
present at the meeting was present when the votes were taken.  While
that information could be used to determine whether a quorum was
present, that was not my goal.  My interest was in determining the
breadth of support relative to all of the voters in each WG.  Again
guidance.

Best regards,

wlq