[802SEC] Improvements in the ON-LINE CATALOG & STORE!

Hello all:

I understand you have some concerns about the on-line catalogue search
features.  Therefore, I would like to inform you that Karen Mccabe and her
marketing group have been working very hard to address some of these
concerns.  Below, please find more details about it:

On-line Store enhancements

"As for search challenges within the On-line Store. Our search requirements
have been submitted and accepted by Central IT. We anticipate--per their
project plans--to have our search requirements in place by Oct 2002.

Search requirements included having search results display in numeric
order, the option to view families of standards and to have standard number
be recognized in the search parameters."

Even more, some of the improvements in the on-line catalog are already
taking place. Following is a piece of news that I extracted from the IEEE
circuit board regarding the improvements in this area.

"ON-LINE CATALOG & STORE: The IEEE On-line Catalog & Store unveiled a new
look on Friday, 28 June, with additional resources and an improved search
function.

The right-hand column now offers links to news items, features, best
sellers and category-specific store information. Navigation is expanded to
include categories for "All Products" and "Merchandise." A new "Search By"
option allows users to search by category. There also are new links to
non-store IEEE content and greater support for IEEE on-line collections.

Sales & Marketing and IT managed the face-lift project. More than 4,000
IEEE products are available for sale through the IEEE Online Catalog &
Store.   For more information, contact Lyle Smith, Sales & Marketing, at
mailto:l.smith@ieee.org.";

I hope you find this information to be good news.

Thank you for your concerns as they are giving room for improvement.

Angela Ortiz
Program Manager - Technical Program Development
IEEE Standards, 445 Hoes Lane,
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331 USA
Telephone: 1732-562-3809  ><  Fax: 1732-562-1571
E-m:  a.ortiz@ieee.org   ><   www.standards.ieee.org

FOSTERING TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION