From: pat_thaler@agilent.com [mailto:pat_thaler@agilent.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 1:46 PM
To: gthompso@nortelnetworks.com; bob@bstormnetworks.com
Cc: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Review of 2003 802 CD-ROM content

Geoff,

I thought about sending that question too, but decided not to
bring it up.

To the extent that we produce the CD so that 802 standards
developers will be able to refer to the earlier standards
to see how a particular problem was handled, to get examples
of text for various situations, etc., the withdrawn standards
are still useful for this purpose.

It might be a good idea, assuming we include the withdrawn
standards, to make sure it is clear which documents are withdrawn.
(One way would be to put them under a separate Withdrawn directory.)
That would prevent some possible mistakes like referencing a
withdrawn standard.

Regards,
Pat