Re: [802SEC] Tentative agenda for Nov 2002 opening SEC meeting is attached

Paul,

Please add an II named "Link Layer Security Call For Interest".
Bob Grow is the SEC sponsor for this event. Needs 5 minutes.

May I have 5 minutes of airtime during the opening plenary meeting
to talk about IEEE Draft Std 1541 Prefixes for Binary Multiples?

This proposed standard was submitted to RevCom
for approval at the September meeting. In its infinite wisdom, the
SASB deferred consideration of the submittal until the December
meeting.

I believe that this proposed standard will have a material impact on
many parties in the computer industry, and that these parties have not
had a chance to express their opinion on the contents of the standard
because the development and balloting of the document was done
very quickly, and without adequate notice. I would like to give a
quick explanation of the contents and probable effects of 1541, and
let people know how they can provide input to the SASB on the matter.

I realize that this request is unusual, but this issue needs to be aired.

Howard