From: rhapeman@telcordia.com [mailto:rhapeman@telcordia.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 4:11 PM
To: P.Nikolich@ieee.org
Subject: FW: ATIS Security Summit February 4-5, 2003

Paul,

I was wondering if you have had an opportunity to consider this yet.
The
focus is on Security and from what I have heard, many of the network
service providers (such as the RBOCs) have some questions about security
of
802.11 as it begins to be used as an access technology to their
networks.

I think this Summit  would be a great place to

a. Get some visibility for the IEEE and the 802 team

b. Open channels of communication with key network implementers

c. Start a dialogue on the issues that confront the interested parties.

Thanks,

Ray Hapeman

E. Raymond Hapeman
Director - Standards Analysis and Consulting
Telcordia Technologies
331 Newman Springs Road; Room 2C-405
Red Bank, New Jersey 07701
USA

T: +1 732 758-2239
F: +1 732 758-4545
rhapeman@telcordia.com

----- Forwarded by Raymond Hapeman/Telcordia on 12/02/2002 04:09 PM
-----

                    "Jim Carlo"

                    <jtcarlo@worldne        To:     "Paul Nikolich"

                    t.att.net>              <P.Nikolich@ieee.org>

                                            cc:     "Ray Hapeman"

                    11/22/2002 06:15        <rhapeman@telcordia.com>,
(bcc: Raymond
                    PM                      Hapeman/Telcordia)

                    Please respond          Subject:     FW: ATIS
Security Summit
                    to j.carlo              February 4-5, 2003

Paul, I suggest you contact Ray Hapeman (Chair of T1) and figure out who
in
IEEE 802 would make a good champion here. Ray is at: 732-758-2239.

Jim Carlo (j.carlo@ieee.org) Phone:1-214-693-1776 Fax:1-214-853-5274
J.Carlo Consulting LLC (Focus on Telecom Strategy/Standards/Patents)
Chair, IEEE-SA Standards Board