From: Tony Jeffree [mailto:tony@jeffree.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 3:44 AM
To: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: [802SEC] Tutorial slots - March

One of the conclusions that was reached in the Link Security study group
meeting held in Vancouver at the beginning of January was that there is a
need to get participants in that activity "on the same page" with regard to
relevant 802 technologies that they may be unfamiliar with. Three people
volunteered to give tutorials on the subjects of Bridging, EPONs, and
security, with the intent that these would be given in tutorial slots on
either Monday or Tuesday in Dallas. Likely timing would be 1 hour for each
presentation, including Q&A time. Obviously, there may be other 802
participants not involved in the SG that would find such sessions useful,
so it would not be the intent to limit participation to the SG, although
the presentations will of necessity be focussed on the needs of the SG.

I would therefore like to sponsor the use of 2 tutorial slots for this
purpose, on the Monday evening.

Regards,
Tony