FW: [802SEC] Ballot periods

I agree with Geoff on 15 days. That is a long enough period that one
doesn't
have to exert care about the exact start. When the period is cut down to
10
days, it can start on a Friday and contain two weekends. Someone who
doesn't
see the email before end of business on Friday and actually takes the
weekend off won't see the ballot announcement until Monday. This gives
them
only 5 weekdays or 7 calendar days to review the draft and get their
comments in.

We are an organization with international participants so it is always
possible that someone's holiday day is falling into the recirculation
period
delaying notification by another day.

If one takes a week of vacation, one can end up with just one day.
Granted
that some of us almost never take a week off email - I'm in that
category.
However, I strongly believe that one ought to be able to take a short
break
from email without missing a recirculation.

15 days means that every recirculation will span 2 weeks and be
relatively
insensitive to the day of the week it starts.

Pat