Re: [802SEC] Deadbeat rule change proposal

Bill, I have one proposed change to the rules.  I think there should be a
sunset clause to the compliance to past meetings.  Perhaps "meetings
attended within the last two years".  I would hate to get into a discussion
of someone that may have been invited to present a paper 5 years earlier and
had an oral agreement that they would do that but would not be staying and
would not be paying a meeting fee, and then having to go back to get support
for the variance 5 years later.  I am thinking of a particular case that
happened about 15 years ago in Token Ring.  If that individual started
coming to meetings, it would be tough to deal with an old accusation brought
up.

(I bring this up based on having seen an individual invited to present
important information, and the company agreed to send the individual, but
not to pay the meeting fee.  This worked out to the benefit of the WG.  My
concern is not based on any expected participation by anyone who may fit
this scenario.)

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@ieee.org          Fax: 208 978-1187