From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:
gthompso@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:46 AM
To:
Bill Quackenbush
Cc:
IEEE 802 SEC
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Deadbeat rule change proposal

Bill-

I have some general problems with your proposal.

RE the original form of the phrase:
The LMSC Treasurer may collect fees from all attendees of any meeting held in conjunction with the a Plenary or Interim session to cover the expenses of operating the LAN MAN Standards Committee.
...probably needs to be updated from "may" to "shall".

Either way, I don't think the modification for interims belongs here in the current context.

It is not the job of the LMSC Treasurer to collect fees from an Interim session to cover the expenses of operating the LAN MAN Standards Committee.

Rather, LMSC Treasurer through the conference organizer may collect fees from all attendees of an interim meeting to cover the expenses of the interim meeting.

If we go with the currently proposed text then we are signing up for all sorts of grief about whose interims are supporting plenary operation and whose are not.

Also, I am a little unhappy about a policy that is so completely rigid and has no provision for input from the affected WG Chair.

Geoff