Re: [802SEC] 802 Plenary network expenditures

Except that, if it is broke, we may find ourselves in
a world of hurt because we aren't playing by the rules
of our parent organizations.

I for one do not wish to jeopardize the freedoms that
have been granted to us by the Computer Society. They give
us quite a bit of slack because we have demonstrated our
fiscal responsibility.  Bill has done an admirable job with
these responsibilities, and I don't want to see him pressured
into crossing any lines for the sake of expediency.

I would not object to a one time deal for the networking
services for the July plenary, provided that any and all
future contracts for networking services at plenary meetings
are open to a competitive bidding process.  In particular, if
we are to enter into a long term (one or more year) contract
for networking services, I believe that it MUST BE open to
competitive bids.

Howard