[802SEC] "IEEE and 802 Brand Identification"

Dear All,
Thank you so much for your time and input on Thursday (at the telecon to
discuss the "branding" presentation planned for Monday, 21 July at the 802
Plenary). From the meeting we did walk away with a "clearer objective" of
the presentation and your candor was welcomed.

Attached is the revised presentation, based upon discussion from Thur's
meeting. I have cut the presentation down to 7 slides, one being an intro
slide and the last one for use if time permitting--it's really just a
resource slide.

As we agreed upon, we thought it best to proceed with a very quick overview
of what we "can do now" regarding IEEE and 802 brand identification (get
through this in 5 mins or less), then have the bulk of the 15 min
presentation focus on getting rapid input from the groups about what IEEE
can do better--how IEEE can support their respective group's needs and
expectations, what issues do the various groups have or foresee regarding
brand identification--especially as we need to move forward on an effort to
develop guidelines that are more pertinent to standards groups at the IEEE.
Slide 6 is the slide on which I put up some topics for input (based on
feedback). Please let me know if I captured the main ones and/or if there
are others, etc.

Thanks so much!
Karen

(See attached file: brandmgmt_802plen.ppt)

Karen McCabe
Senior Marketing Manager, IEEE Standards
445 Hoes Lane, PO Box 1331
Piscataway NJ 08855 USA
PH: +1 732 562 3824
email: k.mccabe@ieee.org