RE: [802SEC] EC email vote statistics

Tony,

Thanks for the clarification, it helps a lot.  I agree that Paul’s plan requires a P&P change (though I don’t think Paul has stated that as such yet).  I agree that we have a back log of desired P&P changes.  Actually, this one was on the list I presented to the EC last meeting in somewhat broader scope:

            “Suspend SEC voting privledges if certain core responsibilities not performed

                        Progress reports, Input for project plan etc., failing to respond to ballots”

Of course, this was a matter to be brought to debate and would only be balloted if people felt it was worth considering.  Also, don’t think we as a group have tried to prioritize the rules issues I’ve identified to date.  We really should do that.  I also agree that we have failed to follow our own rules for putting a rules change to “further study”.  On the other hand, I’m not sure exactly what assignment to further study accomplishes anyway.  We would have to initiate a new rules ballot to bring it out of study, and we can always study it informally.  Oh well.  Not sure where this is going.  Guess it’s just another aside.

Regards,

Mat

Matthew Sherman
Vice Chair, IEEE 802