RE: [802.1] TGi use of OUI 00-00-00

Mike,

Another point that I missed was that the IEEE/RAC sells IABs,
which are (in essence) an IEEE assigned 24-bit OUI followed by
a 12-bit unique subassignment, for a total of 36 bits.

This works well and is cost effective, for EUI-48 specified
standards. It doesn't work in your proposed applications.

With respect to:
>> That's up to the body that does each standardisation.
The IEEE/RAC assumes some of this responsibility by default.

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306