RE: [802.1] TGi use of OUI 00-00-00

Mick,

>> Opinions of other RAC members may differ,
>> I don't believe we have resolution on this point.
I agree, no full consensue on this. I believe there
is resolution of (1) and (2), while (3) is in debate.

1) Resolution that EUI-48 would be OK to identify protocols
   (these tutorials have been stable for years).

2) Observation that (1) would allow use of IABs for this
   purpose.

3) Future use of EUI-XX, where XX is a different use,
   has no current consensus in IEEE/RAC (I, for one,
   believe EUI-48 and EUI-64 are sufficient).

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306