[802SEC] IEEE 802SEC Memo-0304V1

Title: IEEE 802 LAN/MAN STANDARDS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
IEEE 802 LCD Projectors, Printers and Other Related Meeting Information

IMPORTANT MEMO----IEEE 802 LMSC – March Plenary Session

DATE:               Sunday, March 14, 2004

TO:                   IEEE 802 SEC & Task Force Chairs

FROM:              Dawn Slykhouse

IEEE 802 Conference Organizer

FACE TO FACE EVENTS, INC.

Crystal -  407-560-2324

Lions. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver  - 604-895-0630

SUBJ:               IEEE 802 LCD Projectors, Printers and Other Related Meeting Information

This memo is to provide you with important information regarding the March Plenary Session.  Kindly pass this important information on to all of your meeting chairs.

  1. LCD Projectors and Meeting Room Security.  We have made arrangements with Presentation Services (PS) to manage and secure the LCD projectors.  It is your responsibility to ensure your working group meetings follow the following procedures:

    1. In each meeting is a notice with instructions on how to contact PS.
    2. When your meeting is over for the day follow the instructions on the notice to contact PS to pick up and secure the LCD projector. Inform them when you meeting will resume.
    3. When your meeting breaks for lunch or supper follow the instructions on the notice to contact PS to pick up and secure the LCD projector. Inform them when you meeting will resume.
    4. When your meeting has completed for the March Plenary follow the above instructions to contact audio/visual services and inform Face To Face staff in the Crystal (Lobby Level) you no longer require the meeting space or equipment.  We appreciate prompt notification when meeting rooms come available.
    5. If there is not a notice in your room instructing you how to contact Presentation Services (PS) or you fail to reach them, please contact Face To Face Events Staff immediately at the numbers listed above.  After hours, please contact Darcel Moro at 604-644-6374 or in her guest room and contact security to lock your meeting room.
  1. Hard stop time for evening meetings is 11pm.  PS picks up all LCD projectors at this time. Your group may continue to use the meeting space without the LCD projector.
  2. Social Reception – Join us Poolside on Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm
  3. Please communicate any problems or inquiries to Face To Face Events Staff in Crystal (Ext 2324).
  4. REMINDER!   Please inform Face To Face Events staffs know when your meeting(s) are completed or cancelled.  Space is at a minimum and we appreciate your cooperation.
  5. In the past, we have had problems with duplicate name badges.  Therefore, we are taking extra precautions at this meeting.  Attendees who have misplaced their name badge will be issued a duplicate name badge printed in red with “duplicate” noted on the badge.  This policy does not include 802.11 (alternate arrangements are in effect for 802.11).

Please contact us if you have any questions on the above memo.

Thank you for your attention and support.  See contact information above.