Re: [802.1] Connectivity Fault Management draft PAR

Richard,

Is this your company position?  Dinesh Mohan, Malcom Betts, Ali Sajassi, and I have
been working in close cooperation for some time in order to make sure that the
excellent work being done in ITU-T Q.3/13, where there is an excellent understanding
of providers and their needs, is complemented by work in IEEE 802.1, which has a
correspondingly acute understanding of the Ethernet MAC service in general, and of
bridges, in particular.  For either group to progress without the other would be
dangerous to the industry and to the progression of "Metro Ethernet" standards.  It
is essential that both groups work together.  This is my understanding of the
positions of the above individuals, of our respective companies, and of the two
Working Groups.  This has been the subject of considerable discussion and, I firmly
believed, agreement among us all.  I copy all of the above, of course; I wouldn't
want to put words in their mouths.

-- Norm