[802SEC] P&P problem: draft numbering

Mat,

Here is a P&P problem that arose in today's 802 Task Force meeting.

Procedure 7 specifies the format of draft numbering. It specifically
requires that drafts include "-YEAR" at the end of the number. (It
specifies a two-digit year, but I think that most of us have
graduated to four-digit years).

At today's meeting, Yvette Ho Sang noted that, according to the Style
Manual, the year should not be included in the draft designation. As
far as I can tell, this is a recommendation, not a requirement, but
Yvette said that it's inappropriate to include the year.

So, we need to spruce up this part of the P&P. We could, at the same
time, update the entire Procedure, but this might be more troublesome.

By the way, Yvette would like drafts to follow the recommendations in
the Style Manual's Annex B ("Example draft standard"). Based on
recent discussions I had with Angela, I have been strongly
encouraging the 802.16 to adopt the recommendations there, even the
non-mandatory ones that we have sometimes ignored.

Roger