[802SEC] 802.17a Status Update and EC Motion

Dear EC Members,

.17 has been running two concurrent ballots on .17a.

The P802.17a Sponsor Ballot has just completed (April 30th)
with the following results:

70 Voters in the Sponsor Pool
58 Affirmative Votes (6 with comments)
0  Negative Votes
1  Abstention

Return Rate = 84% and an Approve Rate = 100%

We will be scheduling a teleconference to go over the
small number of comments.

The bad news is that in the course of sponsor ballot we
realised that our PAR for .17a has us amending 802.1D 1998,
which has been replaced with 802.1D 2004.

Based on discussions with staff, Tony and Paul, it was
determined that the change in PAR could not be slid in
as an editorial change and that we would have to revise
our PAR (change in title to match the new title of
802.1D 2004 and appropriate changes in scope) and submit
to NesCom. Thus I initiated a 15 day 802.17 WG email
ballot to request forwarding of the PAR to NesCom.
(PAR is attached to this email).

Motion:

To request the Chair of 802.17 to request
that the 802 EC forwards the revised 802.17a PAR
to Nescom in time for the May 14th, 2004 submission
deadline.

The WG ballot will close tonight at midnight, but the current
result is:

52 Voters in the WG
44 Affirmative Votes
0  Negative Votes
0  Abstention Votes

Return rate = 84.6% Approve Rate = 100%
(or counting lack of reponse/abstains as negatives
Approve Rate = 84.6% > 50%)

Therefore, I request the ECs indulgence to start a
10-day ballot May 1st on the following motion:

Move to forward the revised 802.17a PAR to
Nescom for the May 14th submission deadline.

Moved: Takefman
Second: ?

thank you,

mike
--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems

PAR_80217a.pdf